Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How to turn your death into a message about life

Everybody who knew Randy was aware it was going to happen eventually.
Randy Pausch died last friday, 25 july...
His Last Lecture touched me deeply and I just have to talk about the man.
When I heard about the death of a professor who was an internet phenomenon, I had a look at this strange "Last Lecture" the man gave when he was diagnosed for a terminal pancreatic cancer.
I was in difficult moment, and the message of this man, dying, but speaking of hard work, hope, life, fun and, above all, hanging on to your dreams touched me deeply.
It is him I have to thank to be at peace today. The message his precious, not only because he was an academic who spoke my language, but because of ots sincerity. He is not trying to sell you anything.
Like if it was the msot natural thing to do, he turned his death into a message about life.
That man made his life experience into a beacon who sone across the world. He is an example to be followed for his authenticity, his energy and his dedication.
I am preparing an article in french about his Las Lecture which should be published soon.
Until then :

No comments: